Progress Michigan is seeking a full time Partnerships Director to lead Progress Michigan’s work supporting our partners and allies with communications, creative and digital work. The role involves ensuring partner needs, projects and deliverables are being met to help advance progressive causes across Michigan while managing Progress Michigan staff that help drive this work.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP and will be accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Progress Michigan acts as a communications hub for the progressive movement in Michigan, essentially serving as a marketing department and communications firm for our partners and allies. This role will be responsible for leading and expanding those efforts.
The Partnerships Director will be responsible for ensuring partner needs and projects are completed on time, on budget and result in an excellent final product. This position works with communications, digital and creative staff at Progress Michigan to aid our partners and is considered part of the organization’s senior leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of progressive and political causes and organizations in Michigan, a high political and communications strategy acumen, superior writing and editing skills and the ability to clearly communicate with both staff and partners.
The position will be a hybrid position located in Michigan with work mostly being remote but travel to both Lansing and Detroit offices as needed, including partner events elsewhere in the state. This position reports to Progress Michigan’s Executive Director.
- Write, edit and approve communications and other materials for partners
- Manage staff doing work on behalf of our partners
- Serve as the first point of contact for new or returning partners looking to work with Progress Michigan
- Clearly and accurately outline the types of services Progress Michigan offers
- Advise in the creation of strategic communications plans
- Oversee the coordination of communications trainings for partners
- Represent Progress Michigan on partner coalition and campaign calls and meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in the political, public relations and/or other related communications fields
- Very strong writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Management experience
- Managing individual short- and long-term goals while working in a team environment
This is a full-time position that will pay a salary of $75,000. Progress Michigan offers a competitive benefits package which includes health, vision and dental coverage as well as paid vacation, paid sick leave and 401K match.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
please submit a resume and cover letter along with your portfolio or work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Partnerships Director