Progress Michigan is seeking a full-time Campus Digital Organizer to help drive an innovative organic social media amplification and volunteer skill building program through at least January 2025. This role involves working with the Progress Michigan team and partner groups to recruit and develop volunteers to amplify, create, and spread progressive messaging across Michigan.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP and will accept applications on a rolling basis.
This role will focus on engaging young Michiganders, especially those on college campuses, to utilize their online presence for grassroots advocacy and sharing progressive values. The Campus Digital Organizer will work with campus groups and organizations across Michigan, and conduct outreach to build a large network of grassroots volunteers.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of hitting organizing goals and metrics and have the ability to recruit and engage volunteers, especially young adults, preferably through digital means. They will also be well versed in the ways that folks interact with social media and online content. The ideal candidate should have strong ties to youth organizing.
The position will be remote, but the organizer must live in Michigan. This position will report to Progress Michigan’s Digital Organizing Manager, will work collaboratively with other digital organizers on staff as well as with organizational stakeholders, partners, and consultants.
- Recruit individuals on Michigan college campuses to join a movement of progressive voices online.
- Meet quantitative goals for recruitment and content sharing.
- Under the direction of the Digital Organizing Manager, work to build a large network of grassroots volunteers across Michigan.
- Work with the Progress Michigan team to develop resources for volunteer use.
- Recruit, train, and support individuals involved in or seeking to join the progressive movement.
- Build teams of volunteers that will amplify and create organic social media content.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience organizing online.
- Comfortability using social media, including personal accounts, to advance progressive policies, messaging, and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train, and retain volunteers.
- Comfortability with “cold call” recruitment and one-on-one coaching and meetings with volunteers.
- Managing individual short- and long-term goals while working in a team environment.
This position is a campaign position that will pay a salary of $50,000 through January 2025. Progress Michigan offers a competitive benefits package which includes health, vision, and dental coverage as well as paid vacation, paid sick leave, and 401K match.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter along with your portfolio or work samples to email@example.com with the subject line: Campus Digital Organizer