Job Title: Senior Research Analyst
Organization: Emma White Research, LLC
Emma White Research (EWR), a small and growing public opinion research firm based in Ann Arbor, MI, is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to support primary research projects. The firm provides insights and strategic advice to changemakers at non-profits, labor unions, local governments, and progressive causes.
The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, and will be excited to help the team grow and succeed. As a key team member in a small firm, this position will be an excellent opportunity for growth and development. The team member will be exposed to wide ranging responsibilities, and be able to work across different clients, issue areas, and job functions.
A Senior Research Analyst will have 5-7 years of professional experience in the public opinion research field, or similar field.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of the research cycle, including:
- Research design including survey questionnaire writing and discussion guide drafting
- Drafting and proofing deliverables including PowerPoint decks and memos of qualitative and quantitative findings;
- Cleaning and processing of survey data including open ends, weighting, crosstab creation
- Survey programming
- Conduct regression analysis or other multivariate analysis
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years of relevant public opinion research experience (or Master’s degree in quantitative social sciences plus 2-5 years of relevant experience)
- Proficiency in statistical software like SPSS, R, or Stata for regression analysis, or other advanced statistical analysis
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g.: Tableau)
- Experience playing a leading role (e.g.: lead analyst) on both quantitative and qualitative research projects (moderating experience a plus);
- Great attitude and team player – able to take on a wide variety of tasks up and down the experience ladder
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Deadline-motivated, and able to work well independently within a team structure
- Detail-oriented self-starter, committed to high-quality work, and enthusiastic about learning new things
Hours and Expectations
This is a remote or hybrid position. Candidates from the “Central Coast” preferred (Great Lake States), but are open to remote candidates in the Eastern or Central time zones. This is a deadline driven business, and this role may periodically require evening and weekend hours. Some travel may be required.
Interested individuals should send their resume and brief cover letter demonstrating your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes/cover letters must show relevant experience. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
Salary and benefits
Full-time salary commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position is $70,000-$100,000. Paid benefits package includes health/dental/vision insurance; retirement plan with 3% match; and paid time off. Our firm has a culture of investment in employee growth – we are open to various ways of supporting your continued learning.
About Emma White Research: http://emmawhiteresearch.com
Emma White Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the importance of diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.