Progress Michigan is looking for a Multimedia Designer to join our creative team through at least January 2025 as part of an innovative organic social media amplification program that seeks to lift up progressive voices and messages online. We are looking for a candidate who is proficient in both graphic design and video editing with an eye toward content creation for social media audiences.
This position is focused on creating content that can be used across various social media platforms. We’re looking for a designer who can take internet culture, trends and social media design best practices and apply it to their content in the form of graphics, memes, gifs and short form video content.
This position will not just be creating content for Progress Michigan, but will be working with a team of digital organizers to create content that speaks to various partner audiences and communities across Michigan on a variety of topics.
The ideal candidate can balance multiple projects, is organized, and can work individually and collaboratively. They are comfortable with remote work and communication and have a willingness to learn new design skills to contribute to the team.
This is a remote position that reports to Progress Michigan’s Creative Director and will work closely with the rest of the creative team and the Organizing Manager and digital organizing team.
- Work closely with the team and our partners to assist in creative development
- Conceptualize and produce digital content for use on various social media platforms
- Work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet draft deadlines
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in a variety of industry-standard design tools such as Adobe CC (After Effects, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Basic knowledge of Audition, Lightroom, and others alike is a bonus
- Understands the processes of designing for social media and digital experiences
- An understanding of scalable asset creation, design & video trends, online marketing, image manipulation, and branding
- Passion for creative excellence, branding, and visual communications
- Must include a portfolio with application
This position is a campaign position that will pay a salary of $50,000 through January 2025. Progress Michigan offers a competitive benefits package which includes, Health, Vision and Dental coverage as well as paid vacation, paid sick leave and 401K match.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter along with your portfolio or website to Jobs@progressmichigan.org with the subject line: Multimedia Designer.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.