Gun Violence Prevention Senior Organizer
Progress Michigan is seeking a detail-oriented and charismatic individual, with at least four years of experience in community organizing and campaign coordination to manage and build a diverse campaign aimed at passing and implementing evidence-informed policies to reduce gun violence in Michigan.
The position allows for remote work and occasional work in our Detroit and/or Lansing office.
This person will work with our team to build and coordinate the Campaign for a Safer Michigan, coordinate and facilitate campaign meetings, organize campaign communications, and work with the Progress and Engage Michigan team and campaign members to develop and implement a strategic campaign plan to pass and implement evidence-informed gun violence prevention policies.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced team to help progressive non-profits, and others make a difference. We work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Build and manage a diverse campaign
- Work with campaign leadership to steer the direction of the campaign, build leadership among its members, and move campaign initiatives toward sustainability
- Work with campaign partners to develop policy priorities
- Work with campaign partners to develop legislative action that promotes the campaign’s policy priorities at the state and local level
- Coordinate and facilitate campaign meetings and communicate effectively with partners to promote collaboration, negotiation, and problem solving
- Continuously evaluate campaign effectiveness and campaign strategic plan
- Coordinate the development of messaging guidance, press materials, social media materials and publications for the campaign
- Maintain the campaign’s website
- Collaborate effectively and confidently with partners and colleagues
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working with and managing diverse coalitions
- Experience working on/knowledge of gun violence prevention policy and strategy
- Experience working on and managing strategic progressive campaigns—and a knowledge of the strategies, goals, tactics, and timelines that are part of running those campaigns
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strategic and tactical thinker with creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience using traditional and digital, earned and paid media tactics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This is not an entry level position. Salary for this position is $55,000 per year. Progress Michigan offers a competitive benefits package which includes, Health, Vision and Dental coverage as well as paid vacation, paid sick leave and 401K match.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter along with your portfolio or work samples to Jobs@progressmichigan.org.