About Progress Michigan:
Progress Michigan is a non-partisan, non-profit progressive advocacy organization, government watchdog group, and communications hub for the entire progressive community in Michigan. We seek to make Michigan a more inclusive, sustainable, and equitable place for everyone.
We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas – a campaign that never stops. We’re looking for a talented digital organizer to join our team and help us build a new digital organizing program. The ideal candidate will be ready to hit the ground running to build a new organic content distribution project in partnership with our national organization, ProgressNow, and a cohort of state affiliates. This is a full-time position funded for a minimum of 12 months, with the potential to renew funding and extend the position depending on performance in the first year.
- Develop and maintain relationships with volunteers and activists to move them into a ladder of engagement with Progress Michigan
- Cultivate networks of activists and micro-influencers to create and share compelling online content
- Own the implementation of the organic content distribution program at Progress Michigan and partner with staff to ensure the program is incorporated into strategic plans and goals
- Ensure Progress Michigan’s message and strategic priorities are reflected in the content shared through the program
- Utilize data and metrics to analyze what organizing approaches and creative content are working and learn from failures to continually improve the program performance
- At least two years experience in organizing, campaigns, and/or advocacy roles
- A demonstrated commitment to racial, economic, and social justice values
- Ability to manage up and out to move project objectives forward
- Creativity and flexibility to problem solve and engage in finding solutions around obstacles
- A passion for experimentation and building new things
- All Progress Michigan staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 prior to their first day of employment.
Salary and Benefits
Because negotiating is inherently inequitable, we want to be transparent about what benefits
we can offer up front and avoid negotiation. The salary for this position is $48,000 per year. Progress Michigan offers a competitive benefits package which includes Health, Vision, and Dental coverage as well as paid vacation, paid sick leave, Paid LTD, Company paid Life Insurance and a 401k match.
Interested candidates, please apply with the following information to email@example.com:
1. A letter describing your interest,
2. A detailed resume in a Word document format or PDF
Progress Michigan has offices in Lansing and Detroit, which are currently used on an as needed basis due to public health concerns. The position is remote in Michigan, with some occasional travel to the offices expected.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, national origin, involvement with the criminal justice system, or age. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, immigrants, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.