Progress Michigan is seeking a detail-oriented and charismatic individual, with at least 2 years’ experience in managing paid and organic social media to join us as our “digital face” – managing our progressive voice online – while managing and coordinating the paid digital media buys across all of our brands including Progress Michigan, Engage Michigan, and our progressive partner groups.
The position allows for remote work during the COVID pandemic, but by January 2022 will be located in one of our offices in Lansing or Detroit.
This person will collaborate with our team to plan, optimize and manage digital ad buys from start to finish. They will know – and more importantly have an opinion on – which KPI and metrics to track to ensure success for our partners. They will have a deep understanding of digital advertising to be able to provide actionable campaign insights to both internal teams and key partner stakeholders. The media buyer will have an innate sense of curiosity about the latest digital advertising trends and how they may be helpful to our organizations and partners.
The successful candidate will also become the digital face of the organization and managing the organizations brand across social media channels. Want to be paid to be TikTok famous while promoting progressive policies? This job is exactly right for you.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced team to help progressive non-profits, unions and others make a difference. We work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. We expect the position to be roughly 25% digital buying and 75% brand management.
- Draft and review campaign digital advertising plans that help Progress/Engage Michigan and our partners reach their strategic goals – including the ability to help partners define success and what KPIs best help measure that success.
- Develop, create and place paid social media campaigns.
- Develop and create paid digital media campaigns across programmatic and other platforms with assistance from our digital partners.
- Create and oversee a robust organic content calendar across all of the Progress Michigan related brands.
- Produce daily TikTok, Snapchat and other social media content based on the organic content calendar.
- Provide day-to-day management of all paid and organic social media channels. Work with our digital partners to ensure other paid digital media channels are performing as they should.
- Create a reporting system to keep senior leadership and partners up to date on how all paid and organic digital campaigns are performing – this will likely include weekly and monthly reports on specific campaigns and platforms.
- Serve as the “digital face” of the organization across platforms.
- Stay up to date with the latest digital trends, platforms, changes to tools and other innovations in the digital space and make recommendations based on findings and learnings.
- Collaborate effectively and confidently with partners and colleagues.
Skills and Qualifications:
- An in-depth knowledge of the platforms that make up (or should make up) our tech stack – Facebook Business Manager, Snapchat, TikTok, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, and others.
- Ability to gather and analyze ad data, assess performance and make adjustments to optimize paid digital campaigns, and develop actionable recommendations to report back to the team and partners on performance in a clear and user-friendly manner.
- Experience working on political, advocacy, or union campaigns—and a knowledge of the strategies, tactics, goals and timelines of running those campaigns is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge managing and marketing a brand on social platforms.
This is not an entry level position. Salary commensurate with experience in the $50,000 – $60,000 range. Progress Michigan offers a competitive benefits package which includes, Health, Vision and Dental coverage as well as paid vacation, paid sick leave and 401K match.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter along with your portfolio or work samples to Jobs@progressmichigan.org.