As the Communications Assistant, you will be the point person for all administrative functions in the communications division of the Executive Office of the Governor. You will report to the Communications Director and work with the entire communications staff to help communicate the Governor’s message within state government and to the general public. This position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented professional who is personable and thrives in a fast-
paced team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor, collect, and organize twice daily press clips and update the media tracking database.
• Answer phones and correspond with press.
• Organize, plan, and assist with scheduling for the entire office.
• Edit letters, proclamations and tributes from constituent services.
• Draft media advisories for the Governor and Lt. Governor.
• Help plan and organize logistics for press conferences and media events.
• Draft the daily messaging email that is distributed to staff, press, and stakeholders.
• Edit copy for state employee messaging emails.
• Compile weekly analytics report.
• Compile weekly collection of state department reports.
• Schedule and organize bi-weekly PIO meetings.
• Manage PIO contacts, EO clip contacts, and all press lists.
• Manage the communications division’s internship program.
• Maintain general office supplies.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
• A bachelor’s degree is preferred in public relations, marketing, journalism, English, creative
writing, public policy, or a closely related field.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience with Microsoft 365 or G Suite is preferred.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resumé, one page cover letter, and two writing samples to
email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday, February 25.