Progress Michigan’s mission is to provide a strong credible voice that holds public officials and government accountable, assists in the promotion of progressive ideas and uses cutting-edge digital media strategies to creatively build grassroots support for progressive issues.
We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas – a campaign that never stops. We’re looking for a research fellow to join our growing team and work to advance our core mission.
Progress Michigan has offices in Lansing and Detroit, but we have statewide reach. This position can be based out of either Lansing or Detroit, with some travel in between.
Progress Michigan is looking for a researcher that can bring both new ideas and insight to the organization as well as continue the work already being done.
- Conduct research regarding campaign finance and donation activity of elected officials
- Assist with Progress Michigan’s accountability research
- Use cutting-edge technology to monitor traditional and social media
- Assist partners with a variety of research and data needs
- Relevant experience with campaign finance reporting, computer-assisted reporting, or an equivalent research area
- The ability to present information through charts, graphs, and infographics
- A basic understanding of Michigan’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) processes
- The ability to perform both long-term research and rapid-response tasks
- Experience using social listening platforms preferred
- A passion for progressive activism
This fellowship is a maximum of 20 hours per week and will be paid a minimum of $15 per hour, actual pay rate based on experience.
Progress Michigan is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Research Fellow 2019. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.