ProgressNow is currently hiring a Project Coordinator to manage a nationwide narrative shift project through its affiliate of 21 state-based advocacy organizations. The Project Coordinator will work closely with ProgressNow national staff and affiliates to create campaigns and outreach efforts that promote a progressive vision of bodily autonomy and access to abortion that is rooted in opportunity, freedom, and equality. Through partnerships at the state and national level, the Project Coordinator will have a broad reach across the reproductive rights and progressive movements in order to create a sense of urgency around the need to expand access to abortion. The position is based in Washington D.C. The position is grant funded and comes with full benefits and a competitive salary.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of nationwide narrative shift effort on abortion;
- Provide campaign coordination and technical assistance to affiliates working on reproductive rights issues;
- Identify proactive and rapid response opportunities & make informed recommendations across media markets;
- Plan and host regular convenings, calls, trainings and briefings for affiliates and partners;
- Create supporting campaign materials including narrative docs, Train the Trainer documents, message memos, op-eds, and more;
- Conduct ongoing outreach to key audiences including national partners, journalists, state-based allies and other key stakeholders;
- Provide oversight of a Program Assistant who will assist with the implementation of the grant deliverables.
- 5-7 years of experience working with campaigns, non-profits, elected officials, unions or other political entity;
- 3-5 years of communications experience, including with the crafting or running of narrative campaigns;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to racial and social justice values, including the right to abortion;
- Ability to self-manage and work remotely with various stakeholders;
- Experience of or working with the ProgressNow network a plus.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Jobs@progressnow.org
ProgressNow is a coast-to-coast megaphone for progressive values that builds our collective political power year-round. Active in 21 states, affiliates move to the rhythm of state politics while working around the 24-hour news cycle. We work closely with grassroot activists, progressive partners, and state donor tables, as well as with locals, chapters and affiliates of prominent progressive organizations and labor unions to fight for a more just and progressive nation.