Clean Energy Healthy Michigan Communications Director Job Description
About Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan
Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan is a citizens ballot campaign to protect Michigan’s air and water by increasing the amount of our energy that comes from renewable sources like solar and wind to 30 percent by the year 2030. Passing this measure will reduce pollution, protect our health, lower energy bills, and create good jobs right here in Michigan.
As Communications Director, you will be part of the core team managing and implementing the campaign plan to pass the Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan ballot measure. The Communications Director reports directly to the Campaign Manager and collaborate with staff to design and implement strategic communications efforts to engage partners and voters at large. To succeed, applicants will need to demonstrate motivation, the ability to manage multiple projects, be able to manage staff and paid vendors, and have strong writing skills in both the first and third person voices. Applicants with prior campaign experience in communications and/or public relations tied to the political process will be given preference
Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan employs a variety of different mediums to communicate, including websites, social media, press releases, written materials, and much more. There is a high demand for content production on a daily basis as well as project driven work.
The Communications Director will develop and implement an earned and paid media plan; develop and train core staff on poll-driven messaging; and manage communications staff to produce content for the campaign and its broad and diverse group of coalition partners.
Proficiency in all listed skills is not required, but definitely preferred.
- Experience developing and executing a comprehensive media and communications plan
- Experience developing earned media opportunities and press relationships
- Staff management experience
- Paid vendor management experience
- The ability to manage and track coalition messaging
- Campaign experience, including social media organizing experience
- Ability to write persuasively and in a variety of voices
- Proficiency in VAN, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Docs
- Experience working in a campaign atmosphere
- Commitment to working long and irregular hours (including evenings and weekends) as needed
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health care.
How to Apply
Please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to email@example.com
Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Clean Energy, Healthy Michigan is an equal opportunity employer.