The Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights (MRCC) is seeking applicants for the full-time, short-term position of Political Communications Associate.
Reporting to the Political and Legislative Director and working directly with the Communications Director, the Political Communications Associate will work in executing communication strategies that advance the MRCC’s political agenda for the 2016 Campaign Cycle.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a member of the MRCC Political Communications team to get out the vote in the 2016 campaign cycle through member mobilization and targeted communications.
- Work collaboratively to produce articles and photographs for the MRCC’s magazine, The Organizer.
- Work with volunteers and MRCC staff to coordinate and execute GOTV phone banks and canvasses.
- Update social media platforms, develop social media messaging, and monitor social media traffic.
- Create communications content, including talking points, news releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, and website. Draft or coordinate the drafting of documents with communications colleagues.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Political campaign experience at the local, state, or federal level.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to produce clear, concise materials on tight deadlines.
- Experience and familiarity running canvasses and phone banks.
- Desire to better understand effective political campaign strategies.
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow projects through to completion.
- An ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Proficiency with Adobe Design software a plus, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter including your resume and a relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The position will end in November, 2016.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The MRCC reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The MRCC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The MRCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.