Organizers will be responsible for the on-the-ground execution of the field plan through a combination of metrics-based program evaluation and relationship building. Organizers will build volunteer teams tasked with outreach to consumers to encourage them to take advantage of the coverage options available to them under the ACA. Organizers will report to the Regional Organizing Lead.
Skills and Qualifications
- Organizing experience
- Experience organizing using a team-based model a plus
- Experience in coalition building or issue/advocacy organizing a plus
- Creative thinking and ability to solve problems a must
- A good sense of humor and a strong commitment to making the world a better place are musts
- Demonstrated experience working in and building relationships in diverse communities
- Local knowledge and organizing experience a plus
- Experience and awareness of health coverage issues a plus
This is a full time, salaried exempt position. Enroll America offers a generous benefits package, including health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Those interested in applying should email resumes to the Michigan Organizing Director, Laura Warbelow: LWarbelow@enrollamerica.org.
About Enroll America
Enroll America is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to maximize the number of uninsured Americans who enroll in health coverage made available by the Affordable Care Act. Enroll America is a collaborative organization, working with partners that span the gamut of health coverage stakeholders—health insurers, hospitals, doctors, pharmaceutical companies, employers, consumer groups, faith-based organizations, civic organizations, and philanthropies—to engage many different voices in support of an easy, accessible, and widely available enrollment process. Enroll America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.